Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Time for Updates

It has been forever since I posted, and I still read blogs- I just don't typically comment anymore due to a major lack of time. However, I miss blogging about my own life and children. We'll see if I can be more regular.

Here's a quick rundown of events from the past few months-

1) Allen finally got the boys' playhouse built. They like it, but I think the slide scares them.




 2) Brody is still in speech therapy, but he has more confidence when he talks now. Although he doesn't say everything perfectly (what two-year old does?), he is in the "repeat" stage. He likes to comment or repeat everything you say to him. His favorite words are "me too," so conversations with him go something like this-
Mommy: Hey buddy. We are going to have your favorite food for dinner tonight.
Brody: Me too
Mommy: I can't wait to eat spaghetti.
Brody: Me too. Mmmmmm... That tastes good.
Mommy: I love when you eat my my cooking. It makes me feel so good.
Brody: Me too.
Even though he can say most words now, he still loves to tag the words "me too" on to everything. We find it rather adorable.


 
 



3) Mason is our jabberwokkie. He talks and talks and talks and never. stops. talking. Mason is a bit sneaky and likes to blame everything on his brother. Conversations with him go something like this-
Mommy: Oh no! Who tore the pages out of these books!
Mason: Body (he doesn't say the"r" in Brody's name)
Mommy: Oh, really, Mason? Brody has been upstairs with Daddy.
Mason: No, him do it.
Mommy: Mason, are you telling me a story?
Mason: Mommy, you come see my house?
Mommy: Are you ignoring me, Mason? I need you to tell Mommy the truth. Did you tear the pages out of these books?
Mason: (with sheepish grin on his face) No, Mommy, me read them. Me no tear books.
Mommy: Mason, I want you to tell me the truth.
Mason: Me dood it.
He is such a mess, but we make him tell us the truth when we know he is fibbing.




 
4) The boys love the water. We have a kiddie pool, but they also love the sprinklers.

5) My clothes aren't fitting, and I am disgusted by it. In fact, clothes I bought six months ago are too tight. I have never worked out, run, exercised or thought about exercising a day in my life! I finally decided to stop griping and do something about my body image. I am using the app called "5K Runner," and an ab workout. I run three days a week, do my ab/core workout three days a week, and I take a break one day a week. I just started this new routine, but I hope it helps me feel better about "me." I also need to alter our diet to be more healthful too. Baby steps. Baby steps.

6) I try and cook 5-6 meals per week for dinner so we eat out less. I have found many of my recipes on Pinterest, my new addiction. I love to cook and enjoy making things for my family. Now I just need to focus on more healthy choices.




 

7) I still miss my Tucker Bug on a regular basis. Friday, June 29th would have been his 11th birthday. The day hit me hard, but I do not want another dog! Miss Moxie is still a great companion, and she has become my new buddy. She stays with me in my office throughout the day, probably more to get away from the kids than anything.


8) Allen and I celebrated ten years of marriage this week. All I can say is, "wow!"



9) I'm ready for fall. I love the cooler months.

10) We have a new nanny for the kids. She rocks! We couldn't be happier with her. And although we love her, we have decided the boys need to be around other children in an educational environment. They will attend a church program beginning sometimes in August. Worst case scenario is that it doesn't work for the boys or us, and we find another nanny. I have mixed feelings about it all and know my family doesn't like it, but we feel like it is time to try. Mason needs to be challenged, and Brody needs more social interaction from someone other than his brother. Fingers crossed it all works out because the church is about a mile from the house. The transition may be rough, but I hope they are worked into their new schedule by Christmas.


11) We started potty training. Brody is doing great, but Mason wasn't ready. We are using  sticker chart with Bordy that has been working really well; he loves to pick out his stickers. We have decide to wait on Mason for another month or two, or at least until he shows some interest.



 12) The boys transitioned to their "big boys beds" in May. We love their new bedroom!








13) I took a trip with three college girlfriends in June, and it was fabulous! Although it rained a great deal of the time we were in Florida, we still had a blast! And I got a great picture of the sun when it had a weird ring around it. More thank anything, it was great to reminisce, laze around, and spend time with some awesome girls! I could have easily stayed another week in our amazing accommodations provided by my grandma's dear friend. She let us stay in the house mansion pictured below for FREE!
















That's all I can  think of for now; enjoy the pictures and know I still read your blogs too!



6 comments:

genderist said...

Glad to know the boys are doing well! We miss seeing you guys.

We moved GG from a home day care to a more structured day care center in Feb. By the end of the week she was excited to go. Within three weeks she didn't want me to carry her in anymore (wanted to walk in like a big girl). Hopefully it'll be an easy transition for them and they'll totally wow you with how resilient they are. It was a great move for us - I wish we'd done it sooner. (Really helped her potty training, too!!)

I Believe in Miracles said...

Yeah for updates, pictures and anniversaries!! LOVE this update my dear. Makes me so so happy. xoxo

Photogrl said...

SO happy to see an update!

I struggle with finding time to post, too. Lots I want to say, no time to sit down and type it out ;)

The boys are adorable and getting so big!

Wishing 4 One said...

Wow your pics are amazing! You know I too struggle to post to my blog, but have decided to really try to get back into it. I havent read blogs in forever will try to do that again too. Your boys are adorable and you are too! Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

This piece of writing is in fact a fastidious one it assists new web people,
who are wishing for blogging.

Here is my website: Eugene limousines

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.